1.It is compulsory to create a group if a participant wants to participate in any event
2.Team Members will be added by the group leader
3.Enter yantra id of member of your team...you should not mention your id as you will be team leader
Note: The one who will create the team will be the team leader
Note: Ask your team leader to add you in team
In this event, you will be given a set of 10-12 puzzles, which you will need to implement in C /Java /C++ language. You have to use GCC compiler for C/C++. So, we'll be providing you providing a system to work for this perticular event. The puzzeles will have all necessary details in it.
Time alloted to implement all the puzzles in C/Java/C++ language is 3hrs. The decision of the judges will be final and abiding. Each puzzle will have different marks assigned to their solutions. Every team will be provided with a single system which will be having GCC compiler.
Maximum 3 candidates and a minimum of 1 candidate are allowed in a team.
The team which will implement more puzzles will be winner. If all the puzzles are implemented by competing teams. Then, decision will be made on the basis of efficiency(both,time and space complexity needed to be considered). As different puzzles have different marks assigned to their solutions. So, if competing teams implement equal number of puzzles(this doesn't includes the case of all puzzles being implemented). Then, the team with heighest marks will be the winner.
Event Co-ordinatorMd. Arif Siddiqui : +91-7275565661
Contraption is the process (Chain Reaction) undergoing number of steps showing different mechanisms and different energy conversions. Here you can develop a complex contraption by using elementary engineering principles to perform task.
Here you have to develop a complex contraption by using elementary engineering principles to perform different tasks. In this event, there will be basically three tasks would be performed only by a single input to your machinery. The tasks you have to perform are
(i) Drop a ball in the bucket (standard size). 20 points (mandatory)
(ii) Staple the two papers. 20 points (mandatory)
(iii) Turning the pages of a book/notebook (only two) successively. 20 points (mandatory)
(iv) Make a parallel chain (first chain must be of dominoes and second chain must be of another material) that will diverge from a same point at the same time and also converges into a single chain at the same time. (25 pts.) [optional]
1- Dominoes 2- Funnels 3- Marbles 4- All kind of balls (equal or smaller size than tennis ball) 5- Toy cars 6- String, springs 7- Buckets 8- Cups or bowls 9- Ice cream sticks 10- Aluminium foil 11- Plastic containers 12- Cardboard 13- Water bottles 14- Tubes or pipes 15- Cereal boxes 16- Batteries, duct tapes to roll 17- Pulley 18- Rubber bands 19- Battery operated Fans20-Candles NOTE: For support and rigidity of the setup you can use other things (chairs, tables, bricks, etc.) but they shouldn’t contribute to the energy transfer in the chain.
1. An initial setup time of 90 minutes will be given to each team. 2. Setup time of 30 minutes will be given before second trial. 3. Only 2 trials are allowed. 4. 4 hand touches are allowed including the hand touch at the time of starting of contraption. For further hand touch 5 points will be deducted respectively. 5. If you fail in first trial then 10% of your total points gained after second successful trial will be deducted. 6. Time of 15minutes will be given to displaying contraption to the judges. 7. Less point will be allotted for repeated energy conversion. 8. Coordinators decision is final and binding to all.
1. Objects must remain within the arena. Once the reaction starts nothing should fall out of the arena. 3 points will be deducted if an item (part of setup) falls out of the arena. (10 ft.*10 ft.) 2. Once the chain starts only one person from the participating team must be within the arena. 3. Electric appliances (other than fan & batteries) are not allowed. 4. If the setup fails then you will be given only 1 more chance to reset your setup. You have to reset within 40 minutes.
1. All participants detail with contact no.
2. Summary of contraption.
3. Total no. of energy conversion.
4. Write up of each step. Submit the abstract to event coordinator before 6th March with suitable details on firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Points will be given for No. of steps in the contraption.
2. Points will be given for each energy conversion.
3. Less point will be awarded for same energy conversion.
4. Points will be given for innovation and complexity and shall be decided by coordinators.
Note- The rules and regulations are liable to be changed at any point of time to introduce interest and adventures in the competition. In case of any dispute the decision of the event coordinators will be final.
Participants have to send their abstracts to the website of yantragene. Selected abstracts will be allowed to participate in the event. Students will be given time for presentation of their idea followed by 5 min question answer round by judges.
1)Application,Innovation and Presentaton will be judgemental criteria.
2) Paricipants have to send their abstacts of 100 words on the yantragene website.
*Rules and regulations are subjected to change
Fever of soccer is blowing everybody’s mind these days so why should technocrats be left behind to showcase their sporting skills? We at YANTRAGENE are giving an opportunity to the electronics enthusiasts to prove their talent without using physical strength but by guiding their ROBOTS to score goals for them. So,YANTRAGENE 2k17 comes up with ROBO Soccer… So, make the move……..
Reference to learn:-
Following are the rules for the event.
The maximum and minimum no. of participants allowed in a team are 6 and 3 respectively.A maximum of 4 bots are allowed in each team.
At a time, 3 robots will be allowed by a team in the soccer arena.Remaining bots if any, will be in standby.
Participants from different colleges can form a team. More than one team is acceptable from a particular college but one student cannot be a part of more than one team in one event.
Dimensions of robot must not exceed 35x35x35cm (lxbxh).
The weight of robot must not exceed 2.5kg. The thickness of the wheel used in robot must not exceed 5cm. Robot must be manual, autonomous robots are not allowed.
2 out of 3 robots must be wireless and remaining 1 can be wired or wireless but if wired it will be allowed as goal keeper only and it should not block the way of other robots.
The power supply used by a robot must not exceed 18 Volts and 4 Amperes, so try to use small motors to avoid large current consumption i.e. BO motors.
The soccer match will be played in two halves of 5 minutes each and change or replacement of bots is permissible during this time only.
Every team can use maximum 2 timeouts of 2 minutes each. If Robot damages the arena,either it will be marked as disqualified or the team will be given negative points.
If the match ends up in tie, 2 extra minutes will be provided. If there is violation of any of the rules by any team, then that team will be disqualified.
The arena size will be approx.- 2mx3m.
Participants will have to design poster using digital tools and software with the object images given to them.
Those participants will be chosen who will effectively make use of object images given to them and will clearly define what the poster describes. Points will be given for proper description and neat design.
1)Themes will be given on the spot on which the poster must be designed.
2)The participants have to effectively define and describe what they want to express from their poster.
3) Participants will be provided 120 minutes to complete the given task.
4)Only digital tools like photoshop, corel or powerpoint etc are allowed to be used.
5)Participants must have their own system with required software.
6)Participant team must have at most 2 members.
NOTE: Participants have to carry their own laptops.
Robotic events are incomplete without a robotic race.So here it is. YANTRAGENE gives the opportunity to the technocrats to charge and make their robot run like The BOLT. The race will be on specialized track having different obstacles throughout.For clearing every obstacle there will be points.The bot that completes the race in least possible time and with maximum points will win the race.
Reference to learn:-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kewza7RyKMQ
1. Competition Method: 5vs 5(Team Play, 5 players per team)
2. Victory Condition: The first team to win 16 rounds is declared the winner.
3. General game setting rounds: 30 rounds (Max rounds formats): Each team play 15 rounds as Terrorists and 15 round as Counter-Terrorists.
4. Round Time: 1 minute 45 seconds.
5. Players are expected to bring their gaming accessories. (Keyboard, Mouse, Headphone, Mouse)
6. Any other use of map or program bugs can result in a warning at the minimum or loss by default for the offending team after deliberation and decision by the board of reference at its sole discretion.
7. Basic configuration files (CFG) will be allowed with no illegal scripts. Final match will be “BEST OF THREE MAPS”.
Ask of the steel, the struts and wire…What gave it force and power:
josseph H. Strauss
The first bridges made by humans were probably spans of cut wooden logs or planks and eventually stones, using a simple support and crossbeam arrangement. Some early Americans used trees or bamboo poles to cross small caverns or wells to get from one place to another. A common form of lashing sticks, logs, and deciduous branches together involved the use of long reeds or other harvested fibers woven together to form a huge rope capable of binding and holding together the materials used in early bridges. But its strength depends on your design. If you have knowledge of truss, force resolution and have a creativity of making something. So you must take a part and you will leave you with your marvelous experience.
No. of participants in a team can be 4.
• Round 1:
The teams shall mail a zip file containing the abstract of their design to email@example.com
• The abstract should contain the following:
o Drawings of the design (isometric and orthographic views) with proper dimensioning on AutoCAD or clear pictures of handmade sketches. Clearly state the specifications and advantages your design and any innovative idea that you have.
o The teams will be shortlisted for Round 2 on the basis of their abstracts.
oThe Popsicle sticks can be cut to any size or shape and used to construct the bridge. (upto 200 sticks)
oEach cable can be made of a single cotton thread or a group of cotton threads.(upto 3 threads)
o It is a day-long event (8-12hrs).
o Dimensions of the bridge is in the pdf below.
Once the allotted duration is completed, the bridges are tested and at that point of time, the participants are not allowed to touch/alter or support their bridge.
1. Maximum load carrying capacity.
2. Deflection of the bridge.
3. Mass of the suspension bridge.
4. If all the three criteria of one team matches with the other team, then the team that has completed first will be given priority.
For this event the team has to prepare a model, such that it accumulates maximum force generated by the chemical reaction (given below) and perform the various tasks of the respective rounds. The best suited model, qualifying the successive rounds will be decided as the winner of the event.
Chemicals used: - Baking Soda and Acetic acid.The reaction to be used for the production of the desired thrust must be :-
NaHCO3(s) + CH3COOH (l) → CO2(g) + H2O(l) + CH3COONa(aq)
First day of the event: Preliminaries
Second day: Main Tournament
Have you ever imagined the paramountcy of water? A single drop if dropped in the ocean loses its importance but if put on a petal, shines.
Yantragene hereby provides you with a perfect platform to over think the unimaginable and challenge the unchallenged. Play out with your creativity to design a syringe¬actuated arm which has the potential to move the given objects in a specified way.
Let the laws of hydraulics come together to make all of us bow to satisfy its vengeance.
• The dimensions of the base of the bot should not exceed 350mm x 250mm.
• No restrictions on the weight and height of the machine.
• All the movements of the machine should be actuated by hydraulic force only but the locomotion can be controlled by a remote control. It may be either wired or wireless.
• No electronics parts should be used in the machine except locomotion.
• No restriction on the number of syringes used.
• Springs are not allowed.
• Team size: 3 members- One member for the bot locomotion control and two for syringe control.
• Participant have to send an abstract containing the photos and a small description of their Mobile Syringe Actuated Mechanical Arm.
• Last date of Submission of abstract is .5 March 2017.
• The teams have to mail their abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org
• The organizers reserve all rights to change any or all of the above rules. Changes in any rule, if any, will be highlighted on the website.
• All the rounds of the event will be held at .FGIET Campus
• If the bot runs away from the track, topples or halts, the team member present on the arena can reset it. However time would be running during this duration.
• Readymade kits should not be used. Any bot found having a ready-made body will be disqualified.
The creative and innovative technocrats are invited by YANTRAGENE to showcase their innovative skills by developing a working prototype of SMART HOME using microcontrollers and sensors which will be controlled wirelessly either by Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
HOME IS NOT WHERE YOU LIVE, BUT WHERE EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS YOU. --CHRISTIAN MORGANSTEN
Smart home is the residential extension of home automation involving control and automation of room lighting, heating, security and other home appliances. In the prototype, there must be ATLEAST 2 appliances (Microwave oven, Air conditioners, Security system, lighting, etc.) that are communicated and controlled smartly with the wireless network. For example, in light controlling when
someone enters the room light gets ON automatically and you get notification wirelessly on phone or computer.This can also be done in some other way such as the amount of light is controlled depending upon the natural light availability in room or you control it wirelessly and so on. So the objective is to automate a home better in one way or the other which depends upon you.